[TenTec] OT: SDRplay ???

Mike Pagel k9uw at wi-net.com
Fri Dec 16 11:27:47 EST 2016

The SDRPlay RSP2 was introduced recently and includes several upgrades
over the original version, including a layer of RF shielding inside the
case.  A data sheet is online at
http://www.sdrplay.com/docs/RSP2_Datasheet.pdf .  As I understand it the
price for the new model is at $169 and the original unit (RSP1) has
dropped to $129

I've been thinking about getting one of these to serve as a panadapter
for the Orion but am also concerned about overload problems when used
with conventional antennas.  Is overloading a real concern?  If so, how
is it solved?

73, de Mike, K9UW