[TenTec] Orion II vs Icom 2300

Rodney w3krq at dejazzd.com
Tue Dec 27 17:32:26 EST 2016

CHECK IT FOR INTERMOD

-----Original Message-----
From: denton sprague
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:22 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II vs Icom 2300

After many years of using various TT gear, I have been looking at an IC
2300.
I currently run either a TT Orion II or an Omni 7.  Both have done the job
well for me but its about time to move onto more recent technology.
Has anyone done side by side comparison between an Orion and an IC 7300? I
am hearing impaired so receiver clarity is paramount.
I am not a contester, but want do do some ssb work mostly on 160 and 80
meters.
I have read most of the online reviews and the Sherwood site’s rig
comparison.
Thanks in advance de Denton WB7TDG.