[TenTec] Common Band Module Problems?

rick@dj0ip.de Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Feb 18 16:28:47 EST 2016

Yes:  "dirt"
Clean every connection.
I used a pencil eraser on the contact pins, then cleaned them with isopropyl
alcohol.

When I bought my Scout used, several of the modules did not work at all and
a couple wore intermittent.  Now they all work.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jock Irvine
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:03 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: [TenTec] Common Band Module Problems?

I've got a couple of Scout band modules that aren't working and I wondered
if there are any common problems I should look at first.  By way of an
example, I used to repair Macintosh Plus computers at work and I always
looked at two places on the power supply board first.  99 times out of 100
the problem was a cracked solder joint at one of those two locations. Is
there anything like that I can look for first?

Thanks and 73,

Jock N1JI