[TenTec] Paragon Issue Stumps Me

JB n4nqy at jbedmonds.com
Sat Feb 20 23:10:31 EST 2016

I finally got a chance to do some triage on my sick Paragon.  Owned it 15
years and never had much of a problem, but this one stumps me.

All of a sudden, when you power it on, all of the display segments light and
it may be my imagination but they seem to scroll.    I reset the processor
which was no help.  Next i took out the processor board and cleaned the
contacts, unplugged the processor and re-seated it, then  plugged in back in
(several times) with no change in symptoms . Checked the display board
connections and each to get to connections.

I then switched power supplies, thinking it was the PS making the processor
go bonkers and this did not help.

Anyone had this problem, and know the answer??

jb, N4NQY