[TenTec] RX Offset for Orion 565?

Wes Attaway (N5WA) wes at attawayforensics.com
Mon Feb 29 14:39:42 EST 2016

I ran into this question a long time ago due to the fact that being hard
of hearing (even with hearing aids) the CW tone I like to listen to is
slightly different (apparently) than what most other people like to
listen to.  I solved the problem by just leaving my RIT set to -100
(cycles).  This isn't much but it solved the problem.  I am now
listening slightly off the frequency I transmit on.

So, I think all you need to do (if your 200-cycle problem continues) is
to just turn the RIT control (down) a bit and make some calls and
everything will be fine once you get your own receive offset properly
adjusted.

YMMV of course, but it has worked for me for a long time.