[TenTec] re. 208 audio filter

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 09:10:11 EST 2016

On 1/5/2016 3:50 PM, rick at dj0ip.de wrote:
> Careful!  You don't want an audio filter that connects outside of the
> audio-derived AGC loop.
>
> The SCAF-1 connects to the audio output of the radio, which is OUTSIDE of
> the AGC loop.
> The NESCAF appears to be similar.

Look up Doug DeMaw's (I think he was still W1CER at the time) review of
the Ten-Tec 544. It was a few paragraphs of description, some photos and
almost a full page schematic of the optional internal SCAF filter. It
was out of the AGC loop. It also was also an unattributed copy of his
design. He never said that in the review.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
Jerusalem Israel.