[TenTec] INFORMATION ABOUT VERTICAL ANTENNAS

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Jan 9 19:18:09 EST 2016

On Sat,1/9/2016 9:44 AM, John Occhipinti wrote:
> So what do they base their statements on, if they do not have another antenna to compare it with?

Perhaps a study of the physics of how antennas work might be a good
starting point.  The ARRL Handbook, the ARRL Antenna Book, and the ON4UN
book are a good starting point. So is some time with a good modeling
program, like NEC or 4NEC.

Here's a tutorial on how vertical antennas compare with horizontal
antennas based on extensive, disciplined modeling. When I presented this
to our contest club, several of the more experienced operators said it
is in agreement with their experience.

http://k9yc.com/VertOrHorizontal-Slides.pdf

73, Jim K9YC