[TenTec] 3.1 KHz IF Filter for 2nd IF in Omni 6

Gary J FollettDukes HiFi dukeshifi at comcast.net
Sat Jan 9 20:32:18 EST 2016

I have a 3.1 KHz bandwidth filter in one of my Omni 6+ radios. It fits perfectly into the TenTec socket and was obviously made for the en Tec. However, it looks unlike any filter I havee ever seen in ANY Ten Tec product.

It is an 8 pole filter but it also had four small IF transformers on it, presumably to tailor the passband shape.

Has anyone heard of this filter? Does any know who made it? It is too perfect to have been a home brew job. It is built on thicker board stock than that used for most Ten Tec filters.

I would assume that its intent is to improve received audio in SSB. I am going to try it in a few minutes to see what the radio sounds like compared with the others.

Gary