[TenTec] 544 Tritn Whine

Gary J FollettDukes HiFi dukeshifi at comcast.net
Sun Jan 10 18:51:22 EST 2016

Replace C27, a 1000 uF 16 volt electrolytic that decouples the counter unit 12 volt line from the rest of the radio’s 12 volt lines.

The only part of this radio that has anything digital that can cause a steady whine like you describe is the counter, especially since you hear the whine with RF gain fully down.

Likely there is switching note from the counter on the 12 volt line.

Gary