[TenTec] 3.1 KHz IF Filter for 2nd IF in Omni 6

Gary J FollettDukes HiFi dukeshifi at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 13:16:00 EST 2016

That is not mentioned in the manual but, since you say it, it must be true.

Nonetheless, I HAVE had both on the bench at the same time and the early Omni 6 did sound better than the later one, more like an Omni 5, TO MY EARS at the time.

In addition, the effect of the 3.1 filters, evaluated in a test that few if any have ever duplicated, DOES make a significant difference (improvement) in the Omni 6+ audio when the DSP is bypassed. That is irrefutable.

73

Gary