[TenTec] Corsair 2 to Hercules 2 Auto Bandswitching

Douglas sparks06524 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 20 12:25:42 EST 2016

The Corsair 1 had the band switching output since it (along with the earlier Omni-D series) was designed to be used with the Hercules 1 (Model 444) linear with auto bandswitching.
By the time the Corsair II was introduced, the Hercules 1 was discontinued mainly due to the unavailability of the final transistors. Much has been written about that.
I'm not sure that the voltage/switching standards are the same between the Hercules 1 and the Hercules II. You'd have to first check that. The Hercules 1 used a stepper motor design to rotate the bandswitch. It sounds like an AK-47 when the bands are changed - kinda fun.
I have an operational complete setup of an Omni-D version C and the Hercules I in my station. If you want to give me the bandswitching requirements and connector pinout for your Hercules II, I'll research it a bit.
73,
Doug/WA1TUT-------------------------------------------------- From: jon greenwood <n8mus at yahoo.com>