[TenTec] OMNI VII ??

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 27 15:56:09 EST 2016

The Omni VII receiver is very different from both the Orion and Jupiter.
  It has a 70 mhz IF with roofing filters at the second IF instead of
the first IF.  This allows the filters to have much steeper skirts than
if they were put at the 70 mhz IF.

The receiver is much better than the Jupiter receiver with a much
stronger front end.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549