[TenTec] OT: Question to the group

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Fri Jul 15 18:57:35 EDT 2016

My point exactly - this has been discussed here and on other forums on
multiple occasions. It has to do with choices: component types and
architectures of matching networks, feedlines (look at the loss graphs for
various types of coax in the ARRL HB as an example), Scott's full half wave
on 80M vs. a trapped/loaded antenna. The "centibels" (=1/10 db) of loss
scattered through the system can add up.

Also, I said "low loss", not "lossless", and "efficient", not "perfect." While
the "Holy Grail" probably isn't attainable, we can come reasonably close.

73, Al