[TenTec] OT: Question to the group

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jul 18 03:49:43 EDT 2016

On Mon,7/18/2016 12:25 AM, rick at dj0ip.de wrote:
> The feedpoint impedance is not only dependant on the impedance of the antenna but also on the transformation of impedance due to the specific length of feedline . . .  which varies from one band to another.

NO! The feedpoint impedance is AT THE FEEDPOINT -- that is, up in the
air where we connect the feedline!  And THAT is determined by the
antenna, it's surroundings (soil, mounting height, other objects) AND
the common mode effects of the feedline. But NOT the transformation of
the Z by the line -- THAT'S the Z that the tramsitter sees, and that
would be measured by a good measurement device at the TX end of the coax.

73, Jim K9YC