[TenTec] OT: Question to the group -tuner and dipoles

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 18 18:49:48 EDT 2016

I'm not saying it is good to have a low antenna,  I'm just saying a low
dipole is efficient in terms of how much power it radiates, but is is
just in the wrong direction.

My particular interest right now is a good antenna for the new 475 khz
band that is coming.  I have a 1000 foot dipole at 50 feet and it shows
an excellent load at 475 khz.  My belief is this antenna will be more
efficient even at a 20 degree takeoff angle than a 50 foot vertical that
has a very large and inefficient loading coil and radials.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com