[TenTec] Orion logic issue

Gary J FollettDukes HiFi dukeshifi at comcast.net
Sat Jul 30 22:29:50 EDT 2016

I have an Orion 1 with an odd problem. I thought I’d ask if anyone had seen it before prior to an in-depth investigation.

The radio powers up OK, boots up as it should, sometimes it will even receive. The tuning encoders work fine at this point regardless.

However, none of the small encoders or pushbuttons work.

However, if I connect the radio to the computer, start N4PY software, the radio connects and I can generally make all functions work on the Orion.

From that point on, all buttons and encoders work fine until I turn the radio off. I replaced the battery so that’s not an issue.

Anyone seen this before?

Gary