[TenTec] New TT rigs...thoughts

Tim tim at ke4ke.com
Sat Jun 4 22:04:07 EDT 2016

Hi,

Hehe, I met a guy two miles away one day on twelve meters. I am not big
on DX, but did work a DX entity Island while mobile on 12 meters.

With all the bands we have and have the possibility of having in the
future one may have to consider that there may have to eventually be a
limit to the number of bands to lower and possibly moderately priced
rigs in order to keep them in those price ranges.

I'm not sure where I would cut the bands for specific purposes such as
mobile radios?

Does anyone use 80 meter CW mobile? I know there are other options, but
they don't make a Hamstick for that band is one reason I ask.

Tim
KE4KE

On 06/04/2016 08:10 PM, William Rowlett wrote:
> I for one have worked a lot of DX on 12 meters on phone and cw.
>
> KC4ATU
>
>> On Jun 4, 2016, at 8:37 PM, Bwana Bob <wb2vuf at verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I don't see the value in 160 meters for a low-power or portable rig ,  but maybe there are QRP possibilities on the band.  I'd like to see 60 meters.  I never hear any activity on 12 meters.  Oh, and must look mil-spec (even if it isn't)  like the now-discontinued ICOM 7200,  with side handles front speaker and keyboard frequency entry....
>>

>> 73,
>>

>> Bob WB2VUF
>>

>> On 5/27/2016 8:15 PM, Tim wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was rather vocal of the Argonaut VI. Part of my criticism concerned adding 160 meters and skipping 12 meters. I know the why for both. Perhaps I could have handled the concept better if it had only 3 or 5 bands. I don't know, but it just seemed odd that 160 meters would be so important in a 10 watt radio.
>>>
>>> Any body think it might be kind of cool if the Argonaut 7at became a simpler, but direct competition for the KX3? Hmmmm, how about if the box was a smaller version of the box for the 515?
>>>

>>> Tim
>>> KE4KE