[TenTec] Linux a and TenTec Eagle

leen3lpj leen3lpj at nep.net
Mon Jun 13 07:28:38 EDT 2016

Clayton,

     I deleted the version I was running and installed the current
version .  The program is working good.  The only thing not working is
the rig control to my eagle.  It could be I just don't have the right
parameters for the radio input.

     I have:     Radio Desc: Ten Tec Eagle          Host: Localhoast

                      Rig Model: 1613 Ten-Tec TT-599 Eagle Device :
/dev/ttyusb0     Poll Rate:  2     Port number: nothing*

                       Baud: 57600   Data bits:  8     Stop bits: 1
parity: None     Handshake:  default

                        DTR: off     RTS: On

                     * I would assume I need a port ,I just don't know
what it would be. New to linux.  I'm wondering if it's like windows
needing a special driver for the eagle because there is no serial port
only usb.

Carl,

     I need to get wine working .  I tried it and just wasn't able to
get anywhere.  It's probably me not knowing linux.  I figured I would
get things working one problem at a time.  I fully plan to use the
software I have from you.

     Thanks to both of you for your help and anymore you may send my way,

             Lee,   N3LPJ