[TenTec] 8MK

Carter k8vt at ameritech.net
Tue Mar 1 16:28:32 EST 2016

On 3/1/2016 4:01 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
>   According to the Detroit Free Press, the original WWJ transmitter building is being converted into a restaurant, taking advantage of the "art deco" building design.
>
> http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/dining/2016/02/25/new-union-joint-restaurant-coming-historic-oak-park-building/80947872/
>

> The story says that the building, built in 1936 was designed by "Albert Kahn". Any relation between the architect & Al Kahn K4FW, founder of Ten Tec, or just a strange coincidence?
>

> 73, ron w3wn

No relation that I know of (unless it was something obscure like a
second cousin twice removed).   :-)  The "original" Albert Kahn was a
noted Detroit area architect (1869-1942) who designed many industrial
buildings for Henry Ford the first. Probably just a coincidence that the
Electro-Voice / TenTec founder had the same name.

As an aside, I had the pleasure of meeting our Al Kahn at a ham
gathering in southwest Michigan about 25 years ago.

Carter   K8VT