[TenTec] SOTA RADIO

Tim tim at ke4ke.com
Thu Mar 17 21:32:41 EDT 2016

Hi,

Hehe, The MTR-3 is about 35ma on receive with no signal. The HB-1B that
TT used to sell one like runs 60ma on receive. I do like the variable
bandwidth on the HB-1B, but have had fun with both radios.

When I use those radios I am on a bike ride to a park so I avoid heavy
batteries. We don't have too many SOTA sites here in Minnesota.

Not sure about current draw for the Rebel, but I am hoping that we will
see the Rebel in the future. I was on the Rebel email group for a while
and that radio has a following.

73,

Tim
KE4KE