[TenTec] MX-P50M Amp Harmonics and IMD

Reed w4jz at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 19 16:52:42 EDT 2016

<Don't have a spectrum analyzer? That's no excuse -- if there are
harmonics or spurs, YOU are in violation.>

http://gm4slv-geek.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/mx-p50m-amplifier-for-ft817.html

Looks pretty clean to me!

There are several 100 watt transceivers that are/were sold that should,
in my opinion,  be taken off the market.  None was made in the U.S.!
Manufactures have done a very good job on improving receivers, but not
much has been done to improve the noise from transmitters.  Throw that
into a 1500 watt amp & you are adjusting knobs on the receiver to filter
out the noise. Manufacture a clean transmitter and we wouldn't need some
of the filters on our receivers.

73,
Reed  W4JZ