[TenTec] Paragon SN 382 Intermittent Receive Glitch

k7mks at comcast.net k7mks at comcast.net
Wed May 25 15:04:07 EDT 2016

My Paragon has an intermittent problem in receive where the S Meter reading decreases rapidly as does the volumn of whatever station I am tuned to regardless of band, frequency, or mode. The decrease is instantaneous and can be short lived and has been corrected a couple of times by tapping on the case. I suspect a poor/cold solder joint somewhere. At times it will receive for hours without a problem. I'm beginning to suspect that the First Mixer Board (#81331) may be the culprit and would welcome your thoughts

Thank you Joe k7mks