[TenTec] Ten Tec Centaur issues

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Thu Nov 10 13:34:51 EST 2016

Rick…

thanks for the advice.

It’s not my first rodeo, and quite aware of the voltages lurking inside.

I simply don’t like working on amplifiers.

Nothing wrong with the tubes. I put in a new trio of 811s and still have the same issue.

power is produced, but on 20 and 15 meters, too much plate current and not enough output.

All three 811’s plates turn nice bright red on the higher bands.

I’m suspecting a failed or failing shunt capacitors on the output.

Mike Bryce WB8VGE

prosolar at sssnet.com