[TenTec] 238 Tuner Help

Jim Roller n4ir at charter.net
Fri Nov 11 09:03:06 EST 2016

Hoping for a 1 in a million chance someone has a junker somewhere that
can help:

TT 238 Antenna Tuner; new in 1990; has slide rule type dial using string
and elastic to drive.

The red indicator for the dial has a connection for the string and also
a pulley to string the mechanism. I ran the inductor to full stop and
the pulley broke broke off the indicator and cracked the body. Just
hoping someone might have one of these available. I'm sure it is a
common part used in other earlier TT gear.

I have emailed TenTec but don't really expect them to have this in
stock. BTW, tuner still works great but you have to spin the knob and
watch the SWR when making a change, hi.

Jim Roller, N4IR       n4ir at charter.net