[TenTec] Filters for Eagle

Phillip Zminda phil-z at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 10:09:59 EST 2016

A good friend of mine picked up a used Eagle when he saw it at Dayton. He hasn’t been using it and now realizes he has too many 100 watt rigs. He will sell it to me for a very good price. It has the internal tuner but he hasn’t opened it up to see if it has any optional filters in it. He has only used it on SSB. I expect to use this rig as a backup, portable and Field Day rig but probably not as my contest rig since I have a K3 as my main rig. How effective is the DSP filtering without having a CW filter? Do the filters occasionally show up as used items? Hopefully when Ten-Tec gets back up to speed new filters may be available at a later time if I decide to add them. I am not too concerned about AM transmitting but how is the general coverage receive on AM?

I have been wanting an Eagle for a long time but never could justify buying one. I did have an ArgonautVI but that left me with too many QRP rigs so I sold mine, This one is too good to pass up. Any Eagle recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil N3ZP