[TenTec] BFO adj. Omni VI+ mark/space

Harald Rester harryrester at gmx.de
Thu Nov 24 02:32:32 EST 2016

Due to significant offset between TX/RX I tried to align the BFO several
times (tnx for advices from the list), but I´m not able to adjust the
given frequencies for mark and space, only for CW TX, USB and LSB. The
frequencies wont change with the trimmers and they are significantly off
the frequencies given in the handbook.

Furthermore the offset changes between bands, e.g. on 160m  and 40m TX
and RX seems right, but on 80 I still have abt 300Hz offset. It´s just
annoying to use RIT or XIT on different bands wether I call CQ or answer
a call... Is the clue just the missing adjustment for mark/space? And
how to adjust it properly?

The Omni is a 563 Opt.1.

Thanks for your advices!

73, Harald, DH1NBE