[TenTec] Titan 425 plate current meter needed

Floyd Sense k8ac at k8ac.net
Fri Oct 7 16:29:52 EDT 2016

Subject: 	Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 plate current meter needed
Date: 	Fri, 7 Oct 2016 16:27:57 -0400
From: 	Floyd Sense <floyd at k8ac.net>
To: 	tentec at contesting.com

Eddie: I recently located meters for the Tentec Centurion amplifier, and
you may want to check them out.  I suspect the Titan meters are the same
or from the same source.  Google "Modutec Jewell 2MAS" and take a look
at those meters.  Modutec was the maker of the meters in my Centurion
and I've compared the dimensions of the Centurion meters and the 2MAS
meters are they're the same.  You may have to create a new meter scale
depending on the plate current draw of the Titan and the meter shunt
value used.  I found a couple of programs online that will create new
meter scales for you and you could then replace the stock new meter
scale with the newly printed one.

On my Centurion, I found that the plate current meter full scale current
should have been 1 ma. but my meter (and those of some other people)
actually measured 1.33 ma for full scale.  The Tentec-supplied shunt for
the plate meter was incorrect for the installed meter and had to be
changed to achieve the proper readings.  You might want to check that in
your amp.

A few weeks back I emailed Tentec with a question about the Centurion
and it took just over two weeks to get a response.  They told me that
all the amplifier stuff was still in a warehouse somewhere and they were
not in a position to supply parts or information at that time.

73, Floyd - K8AC