[TenTec] Opinions sought re OMNI VI

Phillip Zminda phil-z at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 10:23:33 EDT 2016

John,

I have had some success in the past with a single band LNR end-fed as well as a half-size G5RV with a 4:1 balun in my attic. The LNR 10-20-40 end-fed might be a good possibility. I have used one for Field Day and other temporary setups with good results. I have also used a single-band Hamstick dipole on a balcony while in an apartment. Currently I have a 6 meter Omni-angle and a 2 meter/440 J-Pole but no indoor wire antennas. Fortunately I can still have a vertical in my yard.

Since I recently retired, my wife and often discuss down-sizing but I dread the thought of CCR’s and HOA restrictions that forbid antennas. I am encouraged to hear you may be able to have an antenna at all. Where is this enlightened community?

Phil N3ZP