[TenTec] Fwd: Re: Orion II unexpected master reset

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Tue Oct 18 20:49:22 EDT 2016

Doc,

Maybe you've checked these things before, but if not:

1) Make sure the rig isn't accidentally in transmit mode (something leaning
against the key or mic switch, "TUNE" activated, etc.)

2) Make sure the "SQL" (squelch) control isn't in the wrong position. Turn the
AF gain all the way up and listen closely to the speaker or 'phones: if
there's a slight hiss, that means the RX audio chain is working.

3) Tune around a bit on a known active band (160, 75/80, and 40 should at
least have some QRN this time of evening.) Do you see any S-meter activity?

4) Check to make sure you don't have a narrow XTAL filter selected along with
the PBT off center. (Ask me how I know about that one HI HI!!)

5) Not exactly your symptoms, but this also is worth considering:
http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=562deaf

73 es GL, Al