[TenTec] Omni VII Service Help

Peter A Sopronyi w2wi at optonline.net
Wed Oct 19 19:27:36 EDT 2016

Hello first time poster to this list and hope I can get some information
to help repair my radio.

I bought the radio used several years ago. Not long after purchase I
began to notice that at various times all three encoders (Multi, PB/BW &
AF/RF) would give me trouble changing levels. The number values would
suddenly go to zero, not want to change, go down instead of up etc. Very
annoying but with patience I could get them where I wanted them. So that
problem was existing.

Then I had a lightening hit... I lost a computer and the power switch on
the Omni no longer works. The radio would turn on and off by the power
supply and all functions other than the switch worked fine, receive and
transmit.

I have a friend willing to help me. He needs the value of the SCR Part#
D6. It appears this had been replaced before and there are no visible
numbers on it. Also any ideas where to start with the encoders?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Pete W2WI
732 928 1159