[TenTec] ARGONAUT 515 problem

rick@dj0ip.de Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Sep 5 08:14:20 EDT 2016

Gm Carl,

It's the other way around by me.  I leave it in "Normal" for all bands
except 80m.  On 80 I have to switch to Reverse.  I have owned 4 pyjrt
Argonauts including one other 515 and none of them worked like this.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Carl
Moreschi
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2016 1:52 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARGONAUT 515 problem

Rick,  I think this is normal.  The mixing scheme works such that LSB comes
out as normal on 80 meters.  I seem to recall that my Omni A worked the same
way.  I think they use the same crystal for 20 and 80 meters to get to the
IF and this yields USB on 20 meters and LSB on 80 meters.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com