[TenTec] rick's recalcitrant 515

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Tue Sep 6 15:34:19 EDT 2016

I'm surprised the LO filter can be peaked as low down in frequency as
5.5MHz.

The schematic I'm looking at has fixed 10pF capacitors across T1
secondary and primary which means they are about 7uH when peaked for the
10m LO of 19MHz.

To get T1 to tune down to 5.5MHz would then require an extra 110pF to be
switched in parallel; but those padding trimmers are only 5-60pF.

Steve G3TXQ