[TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 14:17:56 EDT 2016

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <
dukeshifi at comcast.net> wrote:

> I stand by my previous statement that you COULD produce an exceptional DSP
> receiver, one that would blow the socks off any heterodyne receiver, if you
> used 24 bit data and a tracking preselector to limit the impact of strong
> out-of-band signals.

The 16-bit ADC front ends of both my ANAN-100D and Flex 6500 were the equal
of any heterodyne receiver, or at least my Orion II and K3s.  16 bits are
enough.  And I'm talking tough contest conditions on bands filled with huge
signals.

73, Barry N1EU