[TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Sep 12 04:02:15 EDT 2016

On Mon,9/12/2016 12:26 AM, rick at dj0ip.de wrote:
> The 6500 costs about 3x as much, has been on the market longer and many
> bugs have already been fixed.

There is no free lunch -- those who buy WISELY get what they pay for.

As a somewhat distant and very impartial observer, the Flex 6500/6700,
the Elecraft K3, K3S, KX2, and KX3, and the Kenwood TS590S and TS590SG
appear to be the current winners. All are very different from each
other, in function, features, performance, and price point. None of the
high priced JA radios are in the game. It's great to have GOOD choices.
I'm happy with my vintage K3s, updated to current technology. They're
bought and paid for, and I know how to use them. If I didn't currently
own any radios, I would probably look at the Flex products. And at this
point, Ten Tec under it's current ownership doesn't exist as a
vendor.The owners have bought a name, and are doing their best to
support owners of products they had nothing to do with. Someday, they
might. Their support of legacy products is a great start, and I wish
them well.

73, Jim K9YC