[TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

rick@dj0ip.de Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Sep 13 16:30:56 EDT 2016

The name was a silly; the device superb!

I knew the man who designed it, Paul Crapper.  YES that was his real name.
His company (SEM) was located in a small village just south of Douglas on
the Isle of Man.

IMO it worked better than any of the ANC-4s that followed, but it had one
additional knob to tune so it was easier using the ANC-4.

JPS was interested in reselling the QRM Eliminator in the states.  Paul sent
them one, maybe two units to test.  He never heard from them again for over
a half year.  I got involved and started calling and writing, trying to find
out the status.

Eventually they answered Paul and told him they weren't interested.
I don't recall if he ever got his units back or not.
A few months later JPS announced the ANC-4.
I bought one immediately and compared.  (Results above.)

In the meantime Timewave is producing them.  Dunno if JPS sold it to them or
what.
In the meantime Paul is an SK and his company closed.

These devices did not always solve the problem but sometimes they were a
really big help.
If you have only one major source of noise, they are very effective, but it
the noise is coming from several different sources, they hardly help at all.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)