[TenTec] Power output 580 Delta

Lee lee at wa3fiy.com
Thu Sep 22 09:43:47 EDT 2016

Bill, looks like the Delta is working correctly and is likely producing
full power on SSB.  Remember that CW is continuous power, SSB is very
intermittent, "peaky" power.  If you look at a typical SSB signal on an
oscilloscope it looks a lot like a Christmas tree on it's side.  The
power varies from full power to almost zero as you are speaking.  If you
had a peak reading wattmeter it would show around 100 watts as you speak
but apparently your meters are not peak reading so the meters are
showing an average power.

If the ALC led was working correctly it would flash when the rig is
producing full peak power but there may be a problem with the led or
driving circuitry.  Get that working and you will have confidence that
the rig is producing full power when you see the led flash.

73,

-Lee-

WA3FIY