[TenTec] The New TenTec

Jim Allen jim.allen at longhornband.net
Sat Sep 24 18:29:00 EDT 2016

If you insist on being pedantic, at least be accurate.

I alluded to Wayne's record of design of well received QRP without the details.  Elecraft has a photo of Wayne and Eric shipping the first 100 K2's in 1999, so I figured the two must have started in business in 1998, 18 years ago, not 16.  It turns out that is accurate.  Eric has been working in solid state, projects, techniques, designs, etc since he was a one of the skinny kids hanging around the El Cajon ARC, if I remember the bios correctly.

Finally, I'm surprised you didn't recognize the "overnight success" line as humorous, ironic.  I've often heard it used in entertainment circles and in business speaking of someone who has risen to the top finally after years of intense effort.

73 Jim Allen W6OGC

Sent from my iPad