[TenTec] Omni D quits after 60-90 minutes

tfr001 at myfairpoint.net tfr001 at myfairpoint.net
Wed Apr 12 18:12:36 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm curious if any of you have had this same problem. When my Omni D was new (to me - bought it used) it would die after about 1 hour. By "die", I mean it would go pretty deaf and the transmit output would go nearly to zero. I fixed it by opening it up, reseating every circuit board, and tightening up all of the ground lugs I could find. That was about 3 months ago. It has now started to do it again. I'm interested to know if anyone solved it once and for all.  Meanwhile, I can go do the reseating shuffle again. It's a bit of a pain to troubleshoot, because it's difficult to get it to occur with the covers off the rig - apparently heat sensitive.

-Tom N1OOQ