[TenTec] Omni VI filters

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Mon Aug 7 20:59:46 EDT 2017

The question then, is the jumper appropriate for the loss of the filter?

I had a OMNI-6 plus for ten years (two optional 9 Mc filters) and changed them from 2.4 Kc and 500 Hz to 1.8 Kc and 250 Hz. I remember having the jumpers wrong at least twice. Also bought and managed our club's OMNI-6 plus and configured it. Somewhere there was a "Ten-Tec recommendation for the jumper setting for the various filters. Sometimes they work better in one direction than the other...maybe more pressure from the pins into the sleeves on the board.

But the gain jumper you reference may be for the optional filter. If that's the case, you may be dealing with 6 Mc filters with some problem...anything from a cold solder joint to a dead bug between two traces.

Good luck.

Gary - AB9M