[TenTec] receiver isolation

Dukes HiFi dukeshifi at comcast.net
Thu Dec 7 21:34:32 EST 2017

I have been repairing an Icon IC-756 Pro 2. It is AMAZING what they went through to keep transmitted RF out of the receiver input.

They actually pick u[p on the TX 5 volt line and drive a transistor, which pulls a pair of series PIN diodes directly to ground (through a 0.1 uF capacitor). When this affair shorted out, the attenuation was over 90 dB!

It would be easy enough to do this for any radio with a separate receiver antenna input. The circuit only has about 8 parts.

Gary