[TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 180, Issue 9

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 11 18:31:15 EST 2017

No jumper is ever required between TXEN and TXOUT on the Orion and Orion
II.  But both keying loops must be enabled from the Orion menu.

Also you key also use AMP KEY out instead of the keying loops if you
don't need QSK.  These do not need to be enabled from the menu.

If you have either keying loop enabled but nothing connected between
TXEN and TXOUT, you won't be able to transmit on the Orion.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com