[TenTec] C22

Dukes HiFi dukeshifi at comcast.net
Sat Dec 30 15:14:03 EST 2017

I myself could have been a bit more tactful as well.

However, direct conversion has so many adverse artifacts that it makes me cringe to think of using it. The C21 is quite a lot better, IMHO than is a true “direct conversion” design.

The new SDR direct conversion process is a different matter with different issues, some good, some not good. But at least they don’t suffer from arbitrary sideband, hum and adjacent frequency overload (unless you send the A to D into overflow).

73

Gary