[TenTec] Corsair 560 further notes on the rig

chuck adams chuck.adams.k7qo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 19:07:52 EST 2017

On 02/02/2017 04:08 PM, Stuart Rohre wrote:
> Chris,
> Even the heat sink compound sold at remaining Radio Shack stores
> should be fine or replacement on the new transistors.  Most finals are
> a pair of identical transistors or similar power rating at least.  You
> should replace both transistors even if you only find one bad one.
> That is to ensure you have the same power gain in each.
>
> In some cases, you might also need the driver transistor.  Be sure and
> check that it is not shorted.  Usually the failures will be opens or
> shorts.
>
> Good Luck!
> Stuart Rohre
> K5KVH

Here is an excellent youtube video on repairing a TenTec Eagle,
but the techniques can be used for a lot of other rigs.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnTHM23DLpk&t=87s>

I apologize if this has been pointed out before.  I've done this
on several Corsair and Paragon transceivers in the past that
I picked up cheap at swapmeets and auctions.  Even a TR7.

Hope this helps.

--
chuck, k7qo