[TenTec] Failure mode for Omni VI oscillator assembly

Ken kakoval at cox.net
Sat Feb 11 13:22:55 EST 2017

Pete -

I've got an Omni 6+ with an oven controlled oscillator that seems to fit
your description of a cooked out circuit.  Every 6 months or so I have
to re-tune the oscillator to keep on frequency.  I would like to replace
the OCXO with a TCXO but I understand Ten Tec no longer offers a mod
kit.  Therefore I am very interested in how you made the mod.  What DIP
package did you use and how did it perform?  Any hints or advice you can
give me would be appreciated.  I love my Omni 6+ but am irritated with
the frequent re-tuning of the master oscillator.  If I can successfully
mod my rig, I will provide my old OCXO to anyone who wants to
investigate it's failure.  Thanks...

Ken, K9PGC