[TenTec] Fwd: Looking for some KW traps. HyGain DP-2BDQ or similar for 80/40 dipole.

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Feb 19 19:47:35 EST 2017

On Sun,2/19/2017 1:26 PM, rick at dj0ip.de wrote:
> Why not just a double-dipole with the 40m radiator hung about 2 ft. below
> the 80m radiator?

Yes. I have successfully used a pair of 80/40 fan dipoles at right
angles to each other for 10 years. They are spaced roughly 12-15 inches
from each other. If you have the space for a half wave on 80, it's by
far the best way to fly.

I build with #8 bare copper stretched to make it hard drawn for the 80M
element, #12 THHN (house wire) for the 40M element. Spacers are 18-in
pieces cut from 1/2-in PVC conduit.

212 countries worked on 80 from near San Francisco, which is like 300
from EU or the east coast. :)

73, Jim K9YC