[TenTec] Scale Of Eagle Production

rick@dj0ip.de Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Feb 20 11:18:15 EST 2017

To add to Carl's point, the cost of XTAL filters will soon obsolete the
heterodyning technology.

I have an opinion on why the 7300 is so popular and I am certain it is just
as wrong as the next guy's opinion:

FLEX created the initial "potential" demand.  They spent bundles of bucks on
marketing.  Anan jumped on the band wagon and imitated them, albeit with a
more open approach to software.

The radios performed well and direct sampling, SDR technology is now the
talk of the town.

BUT NO KNOBS?  YUK!

ICOM built us similar technology at an affordable price WITH KNOBS.

BINGO!

It doesn't have to be the best radio on the planet.  I don't think anyone
expects it to be that, at its attractive low price.  It just has to be good
enough and for most people it is.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)