[TenTec] Fwd: Looking for some KW traps. HyGain DP-2BDQ or similar for 80/40 dipole.

rick@dj0ip.de Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Feb 20 11:48:23 EST 2017

Which is why I said I would not choose a fan dipole either.
Feed your dipole 33.3% from one end, through a 4:1 Ruthroff (voltage) balun
and immediately through a 1:1 Guanella choke.

Both easy to wind yourself.  If you tell me how much power you want to run,
I'll recommend wire, turns count and toroid type.

You will have an 80/40m dipole the size of an 80m dipole. You can even bend
the long leg if it is too long.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Katz Ajamas
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 5:35 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: [TenTec] Fwd: Looking for some KW traps. HyGain DP-2BDQ or similar
for 80/40 dipole.

Aloha Rick-

I do not have two clear supports. If I am able to thread a hanging wire
through the oak's it will turn into a rat's nest with March's first
windstorm.

Dr Rick-

If I had two clear supports, I'd do as you suggest. As things are, an extra
wire combined with March winds will result in a big wire rat's nest. My
antennas are threaded through the crowns of some tall oak trees.

73, -Bob ah7i/w4