[TenTec] New Discussion Orion III Survey question

Michael Chowning mike.chowning at mgccc.org
Tue Feb 21 18:29:00 EST 2017

Hi Mike,
  I don’t own an Orion, but I have seen them many times at Sevierville.  I have owned the Omni VI +, a Jupiter, a Eagle (new), a used Eagle, and still have the Omni VII, and bought my brother an Argonaut VI (still looking for a 418 amp, you can’t find any on used market).  The Eagle is a great receiver, but I could not operate it easily, with the multiple push and beeps, and small knobs.  My point being, put any new Eagle in an Orion case, and get rid of the multiple push and beeps.  Thanks for rescuing Ten Tec and Alpha.
     Mike, N8TTR