[TenTec] TT Orion 1 flakey sub receiver { possible power conenction issue }

denton sprague denton at oregontrail.net
Sun Feb 26 17:56:30 EST 2017

I got the decent caps for the power distribution board rebuild…..I will make the rig a nice project for next winter…..pulling, cleaning all internal connectors with dexoit, checking continuity, and wiring in a new power pigtail with fuse holder in the B+ line…will jumper the little mini fuse in the rig as I dont really like it too much.

I did the triple reboot as per N4PY’s instruction, and that did last about an hour….did ok until I rebooted the rig to see if the sub receiver still worked, but no go.

I will also probably install a new lcd illumination strip later on as the display is getting dim..if determine all the voltages getting to the front end of the rig are up to snuff.

If can’t get the rig to working to my satisfaction, oh well….they are not worth too much these days and I have my Omni 7 that I got new some time back and a little icom 7300…which I consider a marvel to use.