[TenTec] Hi all...(Omni-D power connector)

Clayton Brantley clayton_n4ev at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 11:29:33 EST 2017

Tom:

The exact opposite will happen to the zener.  I have used a 15v 10 watt zener diode and a 20 amp fusefor years.  There is no current limiting resistor for the diode.  When the voltage exceeds 15 volts, the diodeconducts and the diode shorts blowing the fuse and the equipment is protected.
Clayton N4EV